Potable Water Requirements made easy
1. It is required to have a Water Safety Plan
2. Water analysis records must be available
3. Contingency Control measures must be in place should deviations occure from target readings
4. Routine monitoring of water quality must be carried out and recorded
5. Bunkering procedures must be followed and include the necessary sterilisation and labelling requirements.
6. Potable water tanks must be labelled (including capacity)
7. Potable water tanks must be inspected, cleaned and disinfected 6 monthly
8.Accurate drawings of the potable water system must be available. The design of the potable water system must be reviewed to determine that it is designed to deliver safe potable water that is fit for human consumption.
9. Potable water temperatures must be regularly monitored to verify that conditions for legionella growth are limited
10.Chlorine residuals within the potable water system must be checked regularly to verify the effectiveness of Water Safety Plan control measures.
11. Potable water outlets must be labelled.
12. Showerheads and faucets must be cleaned regularly and disinfected
Shipsan offers products to cover all aspects of compliance