1. The ship must have a valid ISPP certificate and have a sewage holding tank with sufficient capacity with a visual level indicator.
2. The sewage equipment must have an operation and maintenance manual.
3. The sewage holding tank must be identified with a label which includes capacity.
4. Tank must be secured against overflow or leakage.
5. Technical drawings of the sewage system must be available.
6. The pipework must be colour coded every 5 metres
7. Comminuting and disinfection tank must be labelled (if installed).
8. Pipework for sewage discharge must be present and operational.